The final part of Tempest has been released! The only new content in this update is Root Abyss, which is a new dungeon. Please click here to check out the new events. Please read on!
No world selection background was added for this update (probably because GMS released the update earlier than KMS did, haha).
Everyone knows of the Five Heroes who sealed the Black Mage away long ago, but few have heard the tale of the World Tree, the source of all life in Maple World. In dark times, the Black Mage plotted to seize the World Tree’s power, and he almost succeeded. Weakened by the Black Mage’s attacks, the tree retreated to the Root Abyss, a sanctuary of life and energy deep beneath the Sleepywood where she could recover and become whole once again. But the Black Mage does not let his prey escape so easily…
Now, rumors of a young girl named Alice trapped in the abyss have caught the attention of the Cygnus Knights. Descend as deep as you dare into this magical realm, and prepare yourself for a battle that will determine the future of life itself. Four masters of darkness await… will you answer their call?
Root Abyss is a new (theme)dungeon for characters of level 100 or above in which you have to save Alice by defeating four bosses.
Root Abyss is located near Sleepy Wood in a region called Lutavia. (There’s a bug on the world map, as it only shows you the entrance to Root Abyss when your cursor is highlighting it). To get into Root Abyss, you have to accept the quest “An Urgent Summons” from Neinheart. After accepting this quest you’ll be sent to Root Abyss.
From the point that you’ve completed all the ‘introduction’ quests, you can move directly to Root Abyss by clicking on the icon (which is shown above) on the left side of your screen.
The central map, called Colossal Root, is the map where you can enter the maps leading to the bosses. Also, there are some useful NPCs in the Colossal Root:
- Oko is a merchant who sells normal items He also sells Sealed Boxed and Chaos Sealed Boxes that contain (special) level 100+ armor. To buy these items, you’ll need Yggdrasil Runes and Chaos Yggdrasil Runes, which are dropped by the bosses.
- Havis is the keymaker. He sells Gnarled Wooden Keys which you can buy for 100.000 mesos.
The keys Havis is selling are needed to enter a room of one of the bosses. There are four bosses: Crimson Queen, Pierre, Von Bon and Vellum. I’ll give you some basic information which counts for each boss.
To be able to fight a boss, you have to be in a party of 2-6 members. Before your party faces the boss itself, you first have to clear a map full of monsters.
Also, while fighting a boss, there’s the Death Count system. You are allowed to die five times (actually revive five times). After you’ve revived five times and you die again, you won’t be able to fight the boss anymore. However, it might be useful to stay in the map as a ghost, since all dead characters are revived when the boss is defeated, so they can pick up some drops too.
You may enter the bosses’ maps as many times as you want, but after you’ve defeated a boss once, you cannot enter the map another time that day.
The first boss you have to defeat is Von Bon. Von Bon is a sort of “master of time”. He can spawn clocks that can change the time available to fight him. When he spawns a white clock and stands in it, the time will decrease, while standing in a spawned dark clock increases the time.
After you’ve defeated the first boss, you’ll have to face Pierre, which is a clown. Pierre can change hats, and your party can too. When the colour of Pierre’s hat matches your hat’s colour and you attack him, he heals himself.
Then there’s Crimson Queen. Crimson Queen has to be woken up before you can fight her, and she can change to three other forms, each having a specific ability. In one of the forms, she has a reflect skill, which means she can return all the damage you do to her to you for a brief amount of time. This will (probably) “one-hit KO” you.
The final boss is Vellum, a stone dragon. This boss is ten levels higher than the other bosses. Vellum has the ability to dig itself into and out of the ground.
Every boss above also has a Chaos version. To be able to fight a chaos boss, you have to defeat the normal version of the boss at least ten times and be level 140+. These bosses drop better and more items.
After you’ve completed the main storyline of Root Abyss, meaning you’ve defeated all the bosses and saved Alice, you can do newly added daily quests. Havis the keymaker will reward you five Gnarled Wooden Keys upon completion. There are also eight other daily quests, and you’ll get a random one every day.
All the bosses can also drop new equipment: chairs and hats.
- Von Bon’s Von Chair
- Happy Pierre Chair
- Crimson Queen’s Throne
- Vellum Rock Chair
- Pierre Hat – Req Lv. 70, All Stats +18, Weapon Def +150 Magic Def +150, Accuracy +100, Avoidability +100, Speed +5, 7 Upgrades Available
- Von Bon Helmet – Req Lv. 70, All Stats +18, Weapon Def +150 Magic Def +150, Accuracy +100, Avoidability +100, Speed +5, 7 Upgrades Available
- Queen’s Tiara – Req Lv. 70, All Stats +18, Weapon Def +150 Magic Def +150, Accuracy +100, Avoidability +100, Speed +5, 7 Upgrades Available
- Vellum’s Helm – Req Lv. 100, All Stats +20, Weapon Def +150 Magic Def +150, Accuracy +100, Avoidability +100, Speed +5, 7 Upgrades Available
- Chaos Pierre Hat – Req Lv. 140, All Stats +23, Weapon Attack +1, Magic Attack +1 Weapon Def +350 Magic Def +300, Accuracy +200, Avoidability +200, Speed +5, 10 Upgrades Available
- Chaos Von Bon Helmet – Req Lv. 140, All Stats +23, Weapon Attack +1, Magic Attack +1 Weapon Def +350 Magic Def +300, Accuracy +200, Avoidability +200, Speed +5, 10 Upgrades Available
- Chaos Queen’s Tiara – Req Lv. 140, All Stats +23, Weapon Attack +1, Magic Attack +1 Weapon Def +350 Magic Def +300, Accuracy +200, Avoidability +200, Speed +5, 10 Upgrades Available
- Chaos Vellum’s Helm – Req Lv. 140, All Stats +23, Weapon Attack +1, Magic Attack +1 Weapon Def +350 Magic Def +350, Accuracy +200, Avoidability +200, Speed +5, 11 Upgrades Available
Of course, the Chaos hats are only dropped by the Chaos bosses.
You can also obtain the World Tree Guardian medal:
- World Tree Guardian: Req Lv. 110, All Stats +3, MaxHP/MP +200, ATT/M.ATT +1, Speed/Jump +5